Bus Guardian Hero Contest Official Contest Rules (“Contest Rules”)
The “Bus Guardian Hero Contest” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by CalAmp Wireless Networks Corporation
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Agreement. It is a condition of participating in the Contest that the entrant (“Contestant”) agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules and the conditions set out herein governing the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest judges, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all Contestants.
- Sponsorship. The sponsor is CalAmp Wireless Networks Corporation (“Sponsor”), with an office address of 15635 Alton Parkway, Suite 250, Irvine, California 92618. The Contest is administered, managed, directed, controlled, run and overseen solely by the Sponsor and the Sponsor will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these Contest Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Contestant who it believes has failed to follow these Contest Rules.
- Eligibility. The Bus Guardian Heroes Contest is open to legal residents of United States who have attained the age of 21. This Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. Sponsor’s employees, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and directors (collectively the “Employees”), as well as members of an Employees’ immediate family and/or those living in the same household of Employees are ineligible to participate in the Bus Guardian Hero Contest. Limit of one entry per person. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop-offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced Contest entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Eligible Contestants will nominate an individual, 21 years or older, who is a permanent legal U.S. resident at the time of entry, and who works as a school bus driver. Contestants are only eligible to win once in a calendar year. By entering this Contest, the Contestant represents and warrants that he/she/they are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in these Contest Rules.
- Contest Entry. To enter the Contest, access the Contest website at www.busguardian.com/hero, read these Contest Rules and follow the instructions to nominate a school bus driver as a Bus Guardian Hero during the Contest period. Contestants must include their name, phone number and valid email address and a short, original essay about the qualified school bus driver they would like to nominate who deserves to receive a $250 Amazon gift card and a $1,000 contribution to a local, qualified 501(c)(3) school district charity. The essay serves as the nomination document and must conform to the essay restrictions further described at www.busguardian.com/hero. Essays must be 500 words or less in length. No school bus driver may enter themselves in the Contest. School bus drivers, school officials, parents, or members of the community may enter other school bus drivers. Eligible entrants can enter Bus Guardian Hero Contest by submitting an entry via the online form provided at busguardian.com/hero.
The Contest period begins April 1, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ends on June 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any Contestant and/or Entry (hereinafter defined). All Entries must be received by June 15 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Entries cannot have been entered in other contests or won other awards. Entries must be nonpartisan and cannot support, demean, or defame any political party or person. Entries that infringe on the rights of any third party may not be used. Entries must not contain brand names or trademarks. Entries must not contain material that is indecent, obscene, pornographic, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, objectionable, or otherwise lacking in taste or quality in the views of the judges. Entries must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual. Entries must not contain any material that is unlawful. Entries must fully meet all enter Bus Guardian Hero Contest requirements, as specified in the Contest Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete Entries or those that do not adhere to the Contest Rules or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. License to Online Entry. By submitting your entry via the online form provided at busguardian.com/hero (“Entry” or “Entries”), you grant to Sponsor a world-wide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, and fully sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license, without additional consideration to you or any third party, to: (a) reproduce, distribute, transmit, perform and display (publicly or otherwise), make available to the public, adapt, modify, edit, translate, make, sell, offer to sell, import and otherwise use and exploit (and have others exercise such rights on behalf of Sponsor) your Entry, any ideas accompanying, related to, or embodied in your Entry, and any materials embodying, incorporating, or derived from your Entry, in any format or media now known or hereafter developed (including without limitation Internet, cable, satellite, mobile, and wireless media); (b) create derivative works from your Entry and incorporate your Entry into other works or into Sponsor’s, or their respective designees’ products or services, including without limitation by embedding or incorporating advertisements into, before, or after, or displaying advertisements adjacent to or otherwise in connection with, the Entry; (c) exercise all copyright, trademark, publicity and other proprietary rights with regard to your Entry; (d) use your name, photograph, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising or promotional purposes, whether or not in connection with your Entry; and (e) use your Entry for the purpose of promoting the Contest and for any other advertising or promotional purposes. The foregoing license shall survive any termination or expiration of this Contest for any reason.
All Entries will be deemed to be non-confidential and may be used on a non-restricted basis. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO GRANT THE RIGHTS GRANTED IN THIS SECTION 5, PLEASE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
6. How Entries Will Be Judged. Entries will be judged on any or all of a combination of the following criteria:
- Driver commitment to student safety
- Explain how the driver went above and beyond to support student safety
- Driver commitment to on-time arrivals and departures
- Explain how the driver’s commitment to professional supports positive educational outcomes
- Driver commitment to community involvement/support
- What does the driver do in his or her personal time to build a stronger community?
- Driver length of service
- Describe how the driver has served their community for a significant period of time
Judging will take place between June 16, 2021 and June 30, 2021. The Judging Committee consists of CalAmp employees.
7. Notification. One potential Entry winner will be selected and will be notified that their Entry nomination for the Bus Guardian Hero has been chosen by the Judging Committee during the first week in July 2021 (“Entry Winner”). Entry Winners will be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Entry Winner will be contacted by phone or e-mail by the Sponsor and notified that their Entry won.
8. Prizes: The Entry Winner’s school bus driver will be named a Bus Guardian Hero (the “Bus Guardian Hero Winner”). The Bus Guardian Hero Winner will receive a $250 gift card and a $1,000 contribution to a local, qualified 501(c)(3) school district charity will be made. The Entry Winner will receive the opportunity to identify a qualified 501(c)(3) recipient of the $1,000 contribution. There is no monetary value for the prize, which is the Entry Winner’s opportunity to identify a qualified 501(c)(3) organization. The $1,000 contribution will be made directly to the qualified 501(c)(3). The prizes are collectively referred to as the “Prizes,” and individually, as a “Prize.”
All results are unofficial until both the Entry Winner and their Entry nomination for Bus Guardian Hero are verified by the Sponsor. The actual/appraised Prizes value may differ at the time the Prizes are awarded. The Prizes shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The Prizes are non-transferable. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize or portion of a Prize with a Prize of equal or greater value.
The Bus Guardian Hero Winner, upon acceptance of the Prizes, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the Prizes, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes and the Bus Guardian Hero Winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent from the Sponsor. The Bus Guardian Hero Winner and qualified 501(c)(3) recipient are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsor in order to receive their Prizes.
- Odds. The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Conditions for Acceptance of Prizes. If the Entry Winner and Bus Guardian Hero Winner (a) fail to claim the Prizes within ten (10) days from the time the award notification was sent, (b) are found ineligible, or (c) do not complete and return executed Affidavits of Eligibility and Publicity and Liability Releases within the specified timeframe, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate Entry Winner may be selected. The Sponsor is not required to award elsewhere any Prizes forfeited by the chosen Entry Winner.
SPONSOR MAY TERMINATE THE CONTEST AT ANY TIME AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FAILURE TO SUPPLY THE PRIZE(S) BY REASON OF ANY FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS, SUCH AS ACTS OF GOD, WAR, LOCAL/STATE/NATIONAL PUBLIC EMERGENCIES, PANDEMICS, TERRORIST ATTACKS, UNUSUALLY SEVERE WEATHER, LABOR STRIKES, OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE SPONSOR.
IF THE ENTRY WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE CONTEST RULES, THE ENTRY WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS ENTRY WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Social Media. For Contests conducted or promoted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or any other social media website (each a “Social Media Site” and collectively the “Social Media Sites”), the Sponsor reserves the right to void any Entrant’s entry in the Contest for failure to abide by the guidelines, policies, or procedures of the applicable Social Media Site, and to delete or remove any of Entrant’s related “Likes,” comments, posts, tweets, videos, photos, user generated content, or other electronic messages, communications, or submissions at their discretion. The Sponsor also reserves the right to block, ignore, report, and/or completely prevent any Entrant, account, user, or profile from accessing the Contest and/or the Sponsor’s profile(s), account(s), website(s), blog(s) or handle(s). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Social Media Sites. By entering this Contest, Entrants agree to release and hold the Social Media Sites harmless from any or all claims, liability, damages, judgments, fines, costs, expenses related to or associated with their participation in this Contest. Entrants understand that by logging-in to the applicable Social Media Site, that they agree to comply with the Social Media Site’s Terms of Service, and that their personal information is subject to the Privacy Policies and information collection practices of the Social Media Site. Entrants agree that the Sponsor is not responsible for the collection, disclosure, transfer, or dissemination of their personal information, whether directly or indirectly, by third party advertisers, marketers, or any other transferees.
- General Terms and Conditions. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Bus Guardian Heroes Contest should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of Bus Guardian Hero Award .The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Entry Winner based on all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the Contest or website or violates these terms & conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the Bus Guardian Hero Contest to void Entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user; multiple entries from the same computer beyond the number allowed by the Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering.
- Limitation of Liability. The Sponsor is not responsible for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, undeliverable, destroyed, inaccurate or delayed entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether typographical, human mechanical, electronic, computer, network or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the Prizes or in any Contest related materials. The Sponsor is also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of www.busguardian.com/hero. Your Entry into the Contest constitutes your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the Contest and/or the attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall a participant in this Contest be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Disputes and Applicable Law. Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. This Contest and the Contest Rules will be governed by the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California. If any dispute, legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Contest shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of California in each case located in the County of Orange, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding.
- Winners List: You may obtain a copy of the Entry Winner’s name or a copy of these Contest Rules, by sending your request via mail with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: CalAmp, Attn: Marketing Department, 15635 Alton Parkway, Suite 250, Irvine, California 92618. Requests must be postmarked no later than July 15, 2021.
- Acceptance of Contest Rules. By entering this Contest, You, the Contestant, have
affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Contest Rules.